Sunday 18 April 2021

 CREOSOTE AMBITIONS

 

I’m the opposite of that

All I have is my other

Not purpose less life

Invisible containment

In the Estuary is estuarine life containment

Cosy cabbage patch disused radio masts 

Cargo from other era’s scar the sea defence

Your truck is swift

So swift that I narrowly avoid a broken axle 

As I swerve into a pothole.

Up the bank howling down lanes

Hang on a minute what’s down

That chicken shed overhanging wisteria

Densely plotted next to a busy B road

Acquisitions and mergers take on

Commodities this month 

Squirming attention span of a rat

Your stumped up salted into

A cul-de-sac turning the arched back

To watering cans livery of thatched lives

Pot holes plots that lie undisturbed

The music of a mine craft funeral

Hanging half-mast like a one cabin

Day boat gone to seed

Roiled up against the sea wall’s year on year

Decline, what magic 

Could contain it?

No comments:

Post a Comment