Thursday 14 September 2017




The Warning

Back then when I hadn’t been anywhere
Standing in a deserted bus shelter in north Essex
The rain and darkness lashing all around
Don’t get on with my parents the house is so small
Me and a brother and a sister
We hustle for friendships warm places cupboards of snacks
We have to entertain be endearing otherwise where we going to go?
So it’s raining and dark in my memory, the searing sonic of cars driving in the rain is the
Background, in the foreground is a cassette tape of This Is Strictly Rhythm Volume 1
Playing on my personal stereo or Walkman as they were known
Now this was escapism, the sound of New York so exotic this music sounded like
It came from outer space, it was smooth hypnotic and sophisticated
Everything about it was incongruous to my surroundings and yet it made so much sense.
That guys voice on the intro to Logics ‘The Warning’ rang so deep I’ll never forget it still sends chills down my spine today over twenty years later

‘Phase three
The judgement
If it were to fall upon you today, which flower would you be
The red rose or the black?

This is the warning’

https://youtu.be/VSKpj_pAb6E

No comments:

Post a Comment